Monday, May 20, 2013

The Cutest Graveyard

Out of the Ditch of Distraction, Back in the Trenches


My "Egglets (c)"! I am opening a shop that sells them!=-)
Distraction # 1
      Ah, lately my brain has been just about everywhere (except where it needs to be)! I've allowed myself to get distracted, but now it's time to get back on that query horse. I have a lot of things I truly love, but I only have one dream, and writing is it! To help me out of the ditch of distraction I've fallen into, I ate ice-cream for breakfast, and bought some lucky bamboo for inspiration. The planets have aligned, my mechanic said my car has the only working windshield washer sprayer he's ever seen on a bug (which is a very good sign, if ya didn't know!), and my mom gave me a pep-talk. My mom also gave "over analyzing" a new pronunciation/neologism to let me know that I am being way too obsessive about my query letter! I need to stop nitpicking its appearance. I'm not sure if this counts as a "Writing Revelation" or not, but I guess I've learned that staring at a query letter is not the same thing as querying. I can brush its hair and straighten its tie one last time, but then I really have to close my eyes and wish it the best as it ventures off on its own life. I'm not going to get anywhere unless my baby does!=)


The Cutest Graveyard


     I just bought an iPod Touch! Yes, I am entering the modern world! As much as I write about technology, one would think that I used a lot of the stuff, but I don't. I just got rid of my bunny-eared TV last year, and this iPod is my first Apple-anything! I am super excited that I can have a camera with me at all times now, and I am able to record things such as...the CUTEST GRAVEYARD EVER! Yes, I made the mechanic laugh when I called it that. :-)

     I think I might have mentioned I drive a '72 Super Beetle. In NOLA there were few bugs (especially after Katrina), but in Idaho they are a lot more common, so there are shops that actually work specifically on them! Yay! My car needed a check-up, and this is the Cutest Graveyard Ever, where the mechanics pull some of their car parts. I think the cars in the front row are mostly running/fixer-uppers, but there are a lot of old wrecks in the back. 






No comments:

Post a Comment