Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Licensing Expo 2013 Photo Dump!

Licensing Expo 2013 Photo Dump!

Oh my goodness, where to begin! Ok, so I got asked to assist my friend at the Licensing Expo in Vegas this year, and, for once in my life, I didn't overthink things, bought my ticket, headed to Las Vegas... and had the greatest experience of my life!



The Luxor!

Gambling machine don't hold a draw for me.
These lanterns on the other hand...
Before I go into detail about the Expo, first things first, my hotel: the Luxor! I arrived in Vegas a few hours before my friend, so I wandered around the hotel, and the surrounding hotels by myself for a few hours. I must say, if you don't drink or gamble, Vegas isn't all that great to tour by yourself during the daytime, but the spectacular designs found inside/outside the hotels, did capture my interest. I'm sure exploring would have been amazing without my luggage and 104 degree weather, but maybe I need friends and am just a needy, needy person! It was probably good for me to have to fend for myself for awhile, and I got to take a lot of pictures!


Incredible architecture!





Hasbro setting up the mini salon! I got my hair "Ponyfied" by a stylist!

Setup Day!

I want to put up pictures of the artist booths that surrounded us, but I want to first email their owners (my new friends!) to make sure that's ok. They all made potentially huge clients at the expo!

Setup day was incredible. I have to admit I felt pretty darn important, flashing my badge, and walking past the 3 security guards that were stationed by each door. 

Pika!
The Licensing Expo took place in Mandalay Bay's convention center. It was a hub of activity! While the artists were setting up our small booths, thousands of workers, and dozens of machines were setting up the big companies' meeting areas, and hanging a visual overload of displays from the 3-story ceiling. Every big company was there, and Disney had it's own floor! It was incredible to watch the transformation of a single massive room, into thousands of booths and meeting rooms! The transfiguration of a concrete floor into lush carpet, was also a surprise!

Hasbro still getting setup!














Vegas at Night!

Pics go here! If Google Chrome would STOP crashing every 5 minutes, the pictures would already be here.=-(

Fake British Boy Band!

Convention Photos!

I wish I had taken more/better photos at the convention, but there were some "NO PICTURES" signs up, so I was discrete. Plus I didn't want to bother anyone by having my flash go off every few moments. Turns out the Expo encouraged photos, so I shouldn't have been so shy.

More photos will be added here! My favorite photos will go in the following post!









No comments:

Post a Comment