Friday, January 10, 2014

Breaking Bad Fanart WIP

Fanart time!!!
I'm still working on the faces, and I still have a TON of stuff to do on this, but I wanted to post it so far! I HAVE NEVER tried to draw real-ish people before, and I am surprised I did a decent enough job that Facebook wants to tag them!!!!!!!!! If you check out my portfolio, it is ALL cartoony illustration, so this is new territory. Haha, anyway, I have this artist pride/masochist thing, where I don't like to look at reference photos, so I drew the first draft of this without looking at any. Now that I am looking at ref photos, it's hard to find Jesse facing this particular way. I know I don't have his face right, but ah,  I will keep plugging away, and my awesome friend is helping me find photos of him, so I will keep working on it. I am really excited about finishing this! :-)


I just realized I FORGOT Heisenberg's mole! To the Photoshop!

This morning I was staring at my sister's hoodie, wondering if I should redraw this one. It totally freaked her out. The artist stare is freaky, I suppose.

When this is done I will write a post about my new obsession. Breaking Bad is seriously the most artistic show I have ever seen (especially the last seasons). It makes me want to drop everything, move to LA, and try and become a prop acquirer (how does one get a job like that anyway?), or a set dresser/designer/decorator or...I don't know! Anything in the art department! Or a grip! A coffee person! Anything! I'm not picky! Something!

No comments:

Post a Comment